Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jumping On the Bandwagon

I've been wanting to start making cakes for awhile now. I decided that the time had come about a month or so ago, and I've finally got one I'm proud enough of to post pictures of. It's not perfect and I'm definitely not entirely happy with it. But it's not too bad.

I've discovered that this is a really difficult hobby to learn with a 3 month old. Even breaking the task down over several days can be frustrating when baby boy wants to be held all the time. So I probably won't be doing a whole lot of decorating for the next couple months. But I've got to begin somewhere.

I've named this the strawberry lemonade cake. It's lemon pound cake with strawberry buttercream icing. I'm not very pleased with the pound cake. If anyone has a good recipe for one, please share. In fact, I'd love to receive all kinds of tried and true different recipes...not just lemon pound cake. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Sav Gardiner said...

That cake is so cute!!! i think it turned out awesome!!