Monday, June 15, 2009

Doggie Rant

It's summer time. So who am I to refuse when my sweet little puppies beg me to go for a walk? I have learned my lesson about taking them together, so one at a time, we go out for a walk around the neighborhood. Personally, I would much prefer to take them to the walking park a few miles away, but since their personalities are so different and Meah isn't always great around people, today I opted for the neighborhood.

First up, Meah. She's my dog and she's definitely the little feisty one. She dragged me up and down the street, not satisfied until I ran with her, and scaring off the chow that dared cross our path (seriously, he left with his tail between his legs). She is straight gangster.

When we got back, Dakota was so excited that she was punching Meah in the face, so of course she had to go for a walk too. And here is where the rant begins. Kota is a very sweet, loving dog who came from what we assume was not a very sweet or loving home. It takes her awhile to warm up to people, but she ultimately just wants to be everybody's friend. Everyone but big dogs, that is. And I can't say that I blame her. That is why it is so frustrating when I am out taking my sweet dog for a walk and we get chased by other hoodrat dogs...while their owners are in the yard! Look, I haven't always been the best dog owner, but if my dog is acting a fool, I am at least going to get off my butt and chase her, as opposed to standing in the doorway and yelling. So frustrating! Seriously, how could you do anything to upset a sweet face like this anyhow?

Oh well, that's the end of my rant. Now here's hoping that they will both sleep soundly tonight...something like this would be great!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The cuteness is out of control in this post.