Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Ba-aaack!

Do you ever get so behind on something that it just becomes a burden to you, so even when you get the time to take care of it, you put it off longer? That's how I've felt abut my blog lately. So I decided to multi-task while my skank white trash roots are processing and do some updating. (It's not like I'm leaving the house with my head covered in tin foil anyhow)

So much has happened in the last month. First, I'm going to detail "The Big Move." This was quite possibly the longest day of my life thus far. It began around 7:00am (I think...it's been awhile). Needless to say, everything was still not packed, I was completely overwhelmed, and not nearly as prepared as I had hoped to be. I scrambled to do as much as I could do while I was waiting on my parents and brother to arrive and help. They arrived around 8:45, and then the movers (praise God!) arrived at 9:30. Nice as the movers were, I was only paying them for 3 hours...so they had their work cut out for them. But they did an amazing job, and there is no way we would have accomplished the job without them!

They were so nice, and squeezed as much of my furniture and boxes into the truck as they could possibly fit. I just kept walking outside and looking at the back of the truck. It was amazing. We're talking a perfect puzzle...there was not an extra bit of space in that truck...top to bottom, front to back...they definitely earned their money!

When they left at 12:30, we took a lunch break to hit Kyoto (our favorite Japanese restaurant) one last time. Then came home to squeeze any extra stuff into the truck, and pack the cars as full as we could manage. We didn't end up leaving Loganville until around 4:30, and left a disheartening amount of stuff behind. Dad drove the truck, Lee drove the mustang, and Mom drove my car with me and both dogs in the passenger seat.

We got to Columbus at 6:30 and had to stop at the house first to drop off our precious TV...because if anything happened to it, Kevin would kill me! Then we went on up to the storage unit. When we got there, we got a real treat...they had given us the wrong unit, our "assigned" one already had a lock on it. But since the truck had to be emptied, we made an executive decision and chose one two doors down. And decided that if they had a problem with it, they were welcome to move all of my stuff, seeing how it was their mistake and all.

We spent 3 or so hours emptying the truck, then piled on all the stuff going to the house. Then it was time for a dinner break at Waffle House...(insert sarcasm here). After dinner, we unloaded the truck at the house, and then had to go back to the storage unit one last time to put one more mattress inside and drop off the truck. All in all, we finished around 1:15am.

It was the longest, most exhausting day of my life...and Kevin is not going to hear the end of it for a long, long time.

And so it begins.

I'm a good supervisor.

Dad took care of the garage. Notice what he's holding, Webb family?

On a forced snack break...do I look happy?


In the beginning...

And the puzzle continues...

I'm still amazed.

The movers...no time for a better picture.

More of the puzzle...

The truck after the movers finished...

The truck after dad finished.

Now, stuff everything you can into the cars!

Exhausted, and only halfway done!

Let the move continue...at the storage unit.

Mom, seriously...I'm trying to work here.

Evan definitely did his fair share.

And also took his fair share of breaks.

I helped too...and was not very happy about it.

The truck's empty!

Lock it up! It's 1:15am!

Waffle House for dinner...mom's favorite...don't I look happy?


0 comments: