Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick Update - Just the Highlights

So, I had these big, grandiose plans of keeping a very detailed blog while Kevin was gone. Updating on everything I was feeling and experiencing as we began this phase of our lives. I don't know if you've noticed, but I have failed. Big time. So I decided to do a quick update of everything that has happened over the past month in the hopes that I will begin regular blogging again once I feel like I am caught up.

So I officially closed on my house on November 20th. It was another extremely long, anxious and stressful day. Although it was quite a story, I'll spare you and just give you the short version. Mom came up to help me, and after packing both cars so high that we literally could not see out the back to save our lives, we headed to the closing (45 minutes from the house) with both dogs in the car. The closing lasted until 5:45 on a Friday night, and it was right off I-85, north of Atlanta. So if you know anything about Atlanta, you know that we chose to kill some time rather than drive in that mess. So one mall and one meal later, and we were on our way. All in all, my poor puppies were sitting in the car for 8 hours patiently waiting to be transported to their new home. And they were angels.

I have officially transferred all of the most important things from my 1,500 square foot home to the bedroom I grew up in. It is packed. In fact, I think I'll share those pictures with you.


Notice the great use of space in the closet? And under the bed...and in and under the wardrobe...and every drawer is packed full as well. I think I've done a pretty good job of organizing if I do say so myself. There is not going to be room for Kevin or this baby. I don't know what we're going to do! In fact, mom and I bought some stuff the other day...a few outfits and blankets...enough to fill one Wal-Mart bag. And it's still sitting in the middle of the floor because I have no idea where to put it. I think I have decided to get some rubbermaids tubs in the storage unit for baby stuff. PS - if you can name the music video playing on my tv, you will be my new bff.

Anyhow, I've kept myself busy shopping, cooking, cleaning and organizing over the past few weeks. I decided to hold off on finding a job until after Kevin's leave in January. I'll be honest, it's become a little boring...but I am so thankful for the opportunity to just relax for a few weeks.

It's been a great month, and I am very much looking forward to the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Rory said...

Aaghhh, I read your whole post, and was about to close the window when I saw your ticker!!! Aagghh, I know you're so excited to have the boy you both wanted. Knowing what I was having made the pregnancy so much more real, and it made that little baby a real person to me. Now you get to have fun preparing for your little boy!

BrittanyWebb said...

lol! i wondered if anyone would catch the updated ticker before i posted my official announcement. leave it up to my teacher friend and all her higher education. thanks...i am so excited!!!