Monday, January 4, 2010

I'll Have A Blue Christmas...

Merry Christmas! A few days...or weeks...late. This was definitely the most unusual Christmas I have spent in my entire life. It was good...but it was different.

Christmas tradition since we've been married is to go to Kevin 's parent's house in Louisiana. Last year we opted out for our special Christmas present from my parents...a Disney Cruise. So this year, I decided no matter what I would stick to tradition...even though Kevin wouldn't be there. I got there on Tuesday the 22nd, and it was just me and the in-laws for a few days. I was spoiled and pampered with maternity clothes, tons of stuff for Chase, and tons of food.

Christmas morning at around 9:30 the rest of the crew arrived after driving through the night from the Florida Keys. We had a delicious brunch and then quickly moved on to opening presents. We spent a relaxing day at the house, the kids enjoying their gifts and the adults enjoying the kids, and each other's company. The next day we went to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and did a little after Christmas shopping. We also had the traditional bonfire and roasted some yummy marshmallows...mmm! Sunday was our last full day together. We went to church, and then had our traditional Sunday lunch at Copelands...yum!

All in all, it was a great time! It was definitely bittersweet though. I have never missed my husband so much. I am definitely ready for him to come home. Here are some pictures of our time together, in no particular order...because frankly, it's been a long day.


The big family picture...minus Kevin :(


Kelly, me and Chase


My present from the Johnsons / Kevin...a Recruit Webb build-a-bear! Complete with a Christmas card from Parris Island


We got the same presents...again!


Trav teaching Blake to roast the perfect marshmallow

Me and my girls


Nothing like a good video game by the camp fire!


This fire is not big enough! (She was very upset!)


Sweet McKenna in a rare cooperative moment


My Kourtney and her sweets...yummy hot chocolate.


There are at least 2 kids in this picture.


Blake showing off his presents


McKenna was really paying attention to the Christmas story


Grandpa and Kourtney reading the Christmas story


After Blake discovered his present.


Precious

1 comments:

Ashalee said...

So so cute all of these. I am glad to be seeing you guys.