Sunday, December 12, 2010

Best. Stroller. Ever.

It was the morning of our trip. I was a little stressed, packing everything I could get my hands on. We were going on a cruise, so I had to make sure to pack everything I might possibly need for Chase, since I wouldn't be able to just run to the store if I ran out of something. I wasn't thinking. I was terrified about forgetting our brand new stroller, so one the first things I did that morning was get it out of the car, and park it behind Lee's car in the garage so we would remember to pack it in Dad's car.

We were planning on leaving our Honda in the garage (a blessing from God, as a tree ended up falling on its usual parking spot onto Evan's truck instead...second time that's happened during vacation, by the way). So I asked Lee to move his car. Next thing I know, Kevin comes in and tells me he hopes I didn't really like my brand new stroller. WHAT?!? Yep, if you put two and two together, my idiot self basically told my brother to run it over. He drives an SUV. Not only did he run it over, but he dragged it down the driveway. Yikes.

Kevin brings the stroller inside so I can assess the damage. And amazingly enough, there were only three things wrong. Some paint on the frame was scratched off, a small hole was worn in the parent basket near the handlebars, and one of the wheels was broken. The good news is, they are all double wheels, so the stroller still worked just fine...it was a cosmetic issue. The frame wasn't bent at all!

Kevin made a valiant attempt to repair it with some gorilla glue, but the wheel didn't want to stay put, so we ended up just ripping it off. But let me tell you, that stroller made it all over the cruise ship, Nassau, and even went off-roading at the beach without a hitch! It worked great, until after our trip, the shuttle driver taking us back to our car threw it in the trailer, and miraculously the whole wheel fell off (definitely my fault though, according to him).

The best news is, I called the company, and they're sending us a new wheel! For free! Hopefully, it will get here in time for our next road trip, to Louisiana for Christmas!

0 comments: