Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who Does That???

Since Chase was born, I haven't exactly been the most faithful blogger. But I have at least made sure to write an update on him every month. Until last month. Now I know most people have professional photos taken at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. That's not our style. But we've at least done our own photo shoot every month. So I can't believe that, of all months, I forgot to update at six months! I don't even have a belated photo shoot for you. So tonight will be a mash-up of a six and seven month update, and I promise I'll post a photo update after Sunday (when he turns seven months).

The past two months have been unbelievable! Chase has changed so much, and so fast, that he's hardly even the same baby anymore! We had his six month check-up a couple weeks ago, and Dr. Flowers was so pleased with his progress! His weight was 16 lbs, 5 oz (he went from 35th to 17th percentile). I'll be honest, I forgot was his height was. I thought they said 24 inches, but that can't be right, because that's what he was in October. I can tell you that he went from the 15th to 37th percentile. So essentially he went from being a short, fat kid to a tall, skinny kid.

We have introduced all kinds of foods in the past couple months. Some new favorites are sweet potato fries and yogurt. He LOVES yogurt. We're also doing baby snacks like puffs, yogurt melts and baby mum mums. Side note: baby snacks fascinate me...I think they're super cool.

I've finally put away all of his 3 month clothes (mostly because the pants are too short). He's in 6 month now, and moving into 9 months as well. I'm trying to get as much use out of everything I've bought.

Okay, now time for the real stuff. The week of Thanksgiving, he learned a new trick...sitting up! And once that started, crawling and standing up followed within two weeks! So he has been a busy boy lately! He loves to sit up and play with his toys, or pull himself up on the couch, or whoever is sitting closest. It's so cute. He crawls pretty well, but really only crawls when he sees something he wants. Mostly remote controls and dirty shoes.

0 comments: