Saturday, October 4, 2008

Corn is Cool

This weekend, we went to a corn maze with Keith and my co-worker, Lorena. I have never been to one, and it was so much fun! It ended up being "flashlight night," which made the whole thing a lot more fun. I'm pretty scared of the dark, and I only screamed a few times. We made it out in record time (at least that's what we think), although I did get pretty dizzy running through the narrow alleys of corn (which smells like onions, by the way). So I think we're going to spend the next few weeks visiting all the closest corn mazes. Good times. Here are some pictures (along with a much better written account of the night.) I forgot my favorite part...at the entrance by the road there were two huge rolled bales of hay. One was decorated as a spider, and one as a turkey. Well we stopped to take pictures with them. They were pretty tall, and I wanted to get up on the turkey. Well the only way to do that was to get a running start. So I ran...and didn't quite jump the way I needed to. I slammed right into the side of the hay bale and the turkey's giant wooden head fell off onto the ground. So we all ran to get back in the car and sped off. How embarrassing!

One thing about the whole experience did give me a little rant though. During our last five minutes or so in the maze, we encountered another group of people. There were about six of them, and they were clearly frustrated and wanted out of there. So we gave them what we thought were the quickest directions out. (We accidentally sent them the long way...oops). Well in passing, one of the girls got a major attitude and mentioned that someone was pregnant and in need of water. Now my question is how stupid can you be? You are going to a maze! Did you take a few minutes to stop and think you might be in there for awhile? You couldn't bring a bottle of water? Later we encountered that same group outside the "vortex." It was one of those things where you walk through a cylinder that is spinning around you, and it distorts your mind and makes it extremely difficult to walk through. And that same pregnant girl (still no water) was going through it like it was nothing. Now I'm no expert, but this thing made me nauseated, and trust me I'm not pregnant. It was full of black lights and strobe lights, and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay away from at least strobe lights if you're pregnant. The whole encounter just disgusted me. I am constantly amazed at the way women ignore their pregnancies and don't take care of themselves properly. They clearly have no respect for themselves or their unborn children. Sorry about the rant, this was supposed to be a fun post! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments: