Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Halloween!


So it's time again for PCD's annual pumpkin carving contest.  Last year, I was very proud of my pumpkin (above).  It was my first time carving one, and it was very cute, if I do say so myself.  But I felt a little slighted at the contest, as other participants painted their pumpkins, and/or carved foam pumpkins purchased at craft stores.  So sadly, my pumpkin did not even place, but I took pride in knowing that mine was still very good, and one of only two that were actually good old-fashoined jack-o-lanterns.  

This year I spoke very plainly about my feeling on fake and painted pumpkins.  I know I inspired at least one person to carve a real pumpkin.  So I thought it necessary to step up my game.  I think it turned out pretty well for someone who's not exactly an artist.  I'll let you know how the contest turns out.  (We let patients vote all week long, so results will be either Thursday or Monday).  



2 comments:

Johnson said...

Um that looks a little bit like a mommy, daddy, and baby... :)

BrittanyWebb said...

Ha ha...yes, it is my little ghost family.