Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'll Take One in Every Color

So I have to take a moment, or an entire post, to tell you about my absolute favorite Christmas present. Yes, I am well aware that Christmas was two months ago. But tonight I was thinking I'd really like to blog. And since I don't have any deep or probing thoughts to share...and I don't feel the need to vent tonight, I'll keep it nice and shallow.

I'll be honest, as much as I loved all the cute outfits for Chase and the nice things for myself, this one present really takes the cake. Why? Because it has to do with sleep. Allow me to elaborate. Awhile ago, I read a post on one of my college friend, Amy Beth's blog about a pillow that changed her life...or at least her sleeping habits. Long story short, a friend had given her a pregnancy pillow and it was currently cuddling her to sleep at night. She compared it to cuddling with a man, and I am here to tell you Amy Beth, although it is not the same, it does a pretty good job as a pinch-hitter.

Does this beloved pillow have a name, you ask? Why, certainly. His name is Snoogle. Of course it's Snoogle...because only something designed solely for a woman could have such a ridiculous name and still fly off the shelves.

Well let me tell you about my friend, Snoogle. He is the best thing to happen to my bed since my husband left on October 18th. (Yes, the Snoogle is a man...otherwise the way we cuddle would just be creepy). He's a giant C-shaped pillow that spoons to perfection. He's perfect for resting your head, supporting your back, and is big enough to place between your knees and ankles so they don't rub together...yuck! And although I'm not sleeping all that great what with the baby in the belly and all, I am truly convinced that it would be worse without Snoogle.
I am even thinking about starting some sort of military wives' campaign...of course I'd have to come up with a catchy title first. Or maybe we could just rename him "Deployment Buddy." Want to cuddle while you're watching tv on the couch...Snoogle is there. Tired of laying in bed alone? Snoogle is a great spooner! You get my drift.

Okay, well that's enough of my nonsense for one night. PS - 5 more days until I get to see my husband! (Before he goes off to VA Beach for another 3 months).

1 comments:

Ashalee said...

I think you have a great marketing campaign. I believe any wife in any branch would buy one. Your husband would be proud although I would love to know what he really thinks about it......or maybe not. LOL