Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back to Work...

So Thanksgiving is over and the guests are all gone.  Tomorrow morning my alarm will go off at 5:17 and after at least 30 minutes of hard core snoozing, I will get up and go to work.  I did want to throw up a quick blog before we get busy again though.  


Having both of our families over at the same time can be a bit overwhelming on our poor h
ome.  Kevin's parents were the only ones who actually stayed here, but it was definitely 
a whirlwind of a weekend.  Only having family over a few times a year puts a 
lot of pressure on to present myself (and my home) well.  This visit in particular, I spent at least 3 days cleaning and decorating to get everything just right.  And I must admit, I was pretty
 proud of the whole picture...clean house all decorated up for the sea
son.  Just the way I like it.  I just wanted to say what a blessing it is to have company who leaves the house just as nice, if not nicer than, they found it.  Whenever Kevin's parents come in town,  they cannot help but clean up behind themselves.  They always leave behind washed sheets and dishes, no clutter on the floor, and a stocked pantry.  I know that family can be such a burden for some people, and I am so happy to say that our families are nothing but a blessing.  Happy Thanksgiving to us!  Here are the rest of the pictures that I had to get from Kevin's mom. 

Unwrapping the "Stocking Stuffers" from Kevin's parents

Showing off my Loot

The girls playing with their new toy

Yes, a smile was too much to ask.

Me and Mom #2

Cuddling with Chalupa, Lee's new dog

Kevin's dad bowling (yes, we enforced the "wrist strap" rule)

My dad bowling.  Can you tell which side of the family is more competetive?

Chillin by the campfire.  I love that she caught Meah in mid-jump.  She loves sitting w/my dad.

Enjoying a perfectly toasted marshmallow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Brittany, for your wonderful hospitality! Your home looked (and smelled) delightful, and you always make us feel so very welcome. Your Christmas trees (including the one in the guest room) were beautiful! Oh, and your mashed potatoes were delicious! We love you! Mom2

Johnson said...

Don't you love "stocking stuffers?" I'm not sure any of the stuff actually fits in the stockings!

Looks like fun. Hate that we missed it.