Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

We're officially bucking all traditions this year.  Typically, we would drive down to Columbus and spend Thanksgiving with my family.  Then for Christmas, we would drive to Louisiana and spend four or five days with Kevin's family.  These are some of my favorite times of the year.  Well this year, our parents are blessing us with a Disney cruise for Christmas vacation.  Let me tell you, I am so pumped about it!  but that has caused us to do some plan changing.  So since we are unable to spend Christmas with Kevin's family they decided to join us here in Monroe for Thanksgiving.  My parents, brothers, and one of their five dogs drove up to spend the day with us as well.  We had a great time!  The five of us haven't been together in the same room since our wedding three years ago, so it was a great opportunity for us.  On a side note, I am so thankful for great parents and in-laws who actually enjoy spending time together!


Today after all the final food preparations were made, we had a wonderfully yummy lunch.  After some good time catching up and telling stories of children (us) and grandbabies, Kevin busted out the Wii and we got our bowl on.  No comment on who won.  But good times were had by all.  Then Kevin made a fire in the backyard.  We roasted some marshmallows and stayed warm and toasty.  It was a great day full of family fun and yummy food.  Here are a few pictures. 

Mom, Kota and I in front of the tree.

The boys bowling

More bowling.  Yes, I cut Evan's face off.  Oops. 

0 comments: