Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!

So on Saturday both our mothers were calling us asking/warning about snow on Sunday.  And we thought they were crazy.  It was so warm out, after all.  And then when I woke up on Sunday morning to take the dogs out at 11:00...still pretty warm.  So imagine my surprise when, only an hour later, I looked out the window, and it was snowing...hard!  And it fell and fell and fell...until about 8:00!  It was absolutely beautiful!  There is something about a simple snowfall that holds a little bit of magic.  That is, until you see the trees start to sway under the weight of it all, and you pray that none of them head for your roof.  Thankfully, we only heard one tree fall last night, and it was somewhere behind our house.  We lost power at about 6:15, and after two hours of candlelight and marshmallows, we were bored to tears.  So we crawled in bed around 8:15...and shortly thereafter our power came back on.  But we stayed in bed anyway.  This morning it is still too icy to drive, so I am using my partial snow day to post some pictures.  Enjoy!


Dakota didn't like the snow...so she peed on the sidewalk!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I sent you a text and got no response. The pics are great, the Corys lost thier power around 4pm and this morning it had not been cut back on. I know you guys were beside your self. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with yall. Love ya
AC

Anonymous said...

I thought Kevin sounded a little skeptical when I told him on Saturday that snow was headed your way. (He's always thought his mother was a little strange.) He just doesn't understand that during the winter months when I LONG for snow, I watch the Weather Channel A LOT to view all the snow scenes that they frequently share. Loved your photos! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! Mom2

Johnson said...

Everything is still green here in south SOUTH Florida... including me. I'm green with envy :O