Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adventures in Puppy Sitting...

So Friday I had to be at the daycare by 7:00am.  Sounds daunting, but I really didn't get up any earlier than I would on a typical work day.  We ended up with 32 dogs total.  As Lee said, with very large eyes and a surprised face...that's above average.  I stayed in the "little dogs" room all day, as I am still not entirely comfortable around the big dogs.  And big dogs they were.  Throughout the weekend, we had at least 3 Great Danes, one huge Geman Shepherd, multiple black labs, and who knows how many other ones I can't name.  And there were more than enough little dogs to keep me entertained.  Friday there was one very pushy dog that bit me three times...never breaking the skin, but certainly enough to be annoying.  And there was a little black Chihuahua, Lola, who adopted me as her temporary mother.  Saturday started at 8:00am...a little better.  And we had about half the dogs.  There was one giant dog...I don't remember it's name.  But I happened to be the one out in the lobby to receive him...and I'm going to be honest, I turned aruond and ran a few steps.  This thing was the size of a horse...well, a pony at least.  Either way, I pretty quickly called for Lee to take over.  It was raining out, so all the dogs (and the humans) were very sleepy.  Overall, it was pretty uneventful. Longer hours than I'm used to, but uneventful.  Here are some pictures of the weekend. 

Sadie, Mocha and Emma on the stairs.

Rupert, a pug with asthma.  Well not exactly, but his breathing is so loud and erratic!

Lunchbox...the sweetest old bulldog.  And my mom's favorite. 

Greta Garbo...well, at least her owner thinks she's cute, right?

The big dogs on Friday

More big dogs

Mocha.  So sweet, and her fur is exactly like Kota's!

Lola and Chalupa fighting on Lee

More Lunchbox

Everybody pile on Lee!

Ganging up on Greta

Sadie chillin on the stairs. 

Having fun.

More Lunchbox.  He was easy to photograph becuase he sat pretty still :)

Sadie and Gabby.  In withdrawals from missing their momma.

Angel and Whisper...it was their first time, and they were pretty scared.  They spent most of the day in the corner, but warmed up eventually.

0 comments: