Friday, February 13, 2009

Grocery Shopping on a Friday Night...

That's exactly how I spent the Friday night before Valentine's day.  Grocery shopping.  Woo hoo.  Actually, it was kind-of nice.  Other than the hordes of men frantically searching for last minute cards and gifts, the stores were pretty empty.  And it was nice not to have to rush to meet a timeline or be somewhere else.  

Grocery shopping is one of those funny parts of marriage that is very different than I imagined when I was single.  Maybe it's just me, but I had silly dreams of Kevin and I grocery shopping together every week, and it just being one of those cute couple things.  But it's not.  In fact, after three and half years of grocery shopping, I know now that I would much rather go it alone.  There are many reasons for this.  One is that I find it much easier to stick to a list, and stay on budget when I'm by myself.  Granted, every few items I end up stopping to add up how much I've spent so far and how much I have left.  It's almost become like a game.  

Another thing I've learned from grocery shopping is that the little things don't matter as much as I once thought they did.  Like brand names.  If my mom had brought home cereal in a bag, I wouldn't have so much as touched it.  Now I realize how silly that is.  Most of it still tastes the same.  My clothes are still clean, not to mentin I'm saving money.  So I took a picture of some of the generic items that were purchased at tonight's trip to the grocery store.  Actually stores, because I start at Wal-Mart to get essentials, and then move on to Publix and Kroger to buy what's on sale.  

And here's one of my pantry...with a little bit of Meah in the bottom.

Now here are some random pictures that I found on the camera tonight that make me giggle.  The first is Meah sitting in time out...all Kevin's doing.  And the second is Kevin "hiding" from me.  Good times. 



1 comments:

Johnson said...

Obviously I need to stay on top of your blog more. I love the pic of Kevin hiding