Saturday, February 21, 2009

I LOVE To Shop...

That says it all.  Window shop, spending spree, or wandering aimlessly around the mall.  I love it all.  Most days I spend my lunch break browsing through Target, Ross, Bath and Body Works, or even the Dollar Tree.  But I am not the big spender in our family.  Between his obsessions with guns, electronics, and physical fitness, Kevin has been the one behind most of the big ticket items purchased in our marriage.  Well occasionally I decide that it's my turn.  And this weekend was one of those times.  Kevin went with me to the mall, and agreed on what I thought was a very reasonable budget.  And it never fails.  Every time we plan to go shopping for me, it just doesn't happen.  In fact, after driving all the way out to Discover Mills, here is what I walked away with...


One jade tank top for a whopping $3.50.  Woo hoo!  Needless to say, I made my plea to drive back to Snellville to more familiar territory.  After an hour or so at Target and Old Navy I ended up getting four more shirts.  But Kevin still spent more money than me.  Considerably more.  No worries, I still love him :) The most expensive item I purchased was $9, and my grand total for the day was around $35.  Oh well, at least I tried.  I don't know if I'm becoming more selfless with age, or just really stingy with my money.  Either way, I guess it's a little better for our bank account.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA I had to read this to my husband, Ben. He is definitely the spender in our marriage and I have had SO many shopping trips just like yours. I actually just go to Old Navy first before going anywhere else. I know I'll always find something there that I can stand to spend money on. Ben is a spontaneous shopper. Glad to know we aren't the only couple out there like that.