Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SURPRISE...

I startle easily.  I'm easy to scare.  Last week a co-worker was standing behind me and simply said my name and I nearly jumped out of my chair.  But I digress.  I don't often get surprised.  I'm willing to venture that the reason I don't get surprised is because no one ever tries to surprise me.  But let me tell you, today I was surprised!

I was sitting at my desk minding my own business when my co-worker walks over with a big box from Pro Flowers.  And it had my name on it!  I'll be honest, I stared at the box for a few minutes and read and re-read my name before I ventured to open it.  And much to my surprise, it contained a gorgeous display of roses, a beautiful vase, chocolates, and a teddy bear!  If you know Kevin, you probably know that he is not exactly mushy, and thinks Valentine's Day is the most ridiculous holiday ever.  I've been teasing him about remembering to buy me a card.  I definitely never expected this.  Surprise for me!

So major props to my wonderful hubby.  For remembering Valentine's day...for doing something super-nice just because it would make me feel special...and for making all my co-workers jealous!

I Love you Kevin!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am SHOCKED I think hanging out with Keith might be a good thing. LOL Just kidding you totally deserve them. I love you and am happy for you. Love Ya...Ash

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know my son had it in him. I thought he was too budget conscious to splurge like that. He is definitely getting better with age! Love, Mom

D.J. said...

I only ever get to argue with your husband over the net, but you have allowed me to see a softer side of him (he's like Sears now). who does not love a surprise on Valentine's day!