Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adventures in Puppy Sitting...Preface

Almost a year ago, at the ripe old age of 50 (no offense), my mom began a new business venture.  A doggie daycare called Paws and Play (yes, you have me to thank for the awesome name).  I will admit, I am pretty impressed that when most people are winding down and preparing for retirement, my mom started a new business after 25 years of not working full time.  Since then, she has spent 12+ hours a day there 6 days a week.  Talk about exhausting.  


So when she called me a few weeks ago and told me about a very inexpensive vacation opportunity in Hawaii, but she couldn't go because she had no one to watch the daycare, what could I do but volunteer?  So this Friday and Saturday I am driving down to Columbus to help run Paws and Play to give my mom some peace of mind.  

Now I love dogs.  But in the few visits I have made to Paws and Play, I have come to realize that I love my dogs.  And few others.  Others people's dogs are dirty, drooly, and I simply don't trust them.  There are few exceptions.  My family has 5 dogs, and I don't even like all of them.  So suffice it to say that it will be a interesting, and exhausting weekend.  Stay tuned for what are sure to be some amusing stories, and cute pictures.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother definitely found a good "sub" for her doggie daycare while she's gone. You and your entire family love dogs like I have never witnessed before! Have fun this weekend! Can't wait to hear your doggie daycare "war stories." Mom2