Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to Reality

So today was my last day at home with my mom.  She was more tired than she has been, but she said she had heard that for some reason the 3rd day out of surgery was always the day it hit you.  Other than that, she is still doing great.  Still no pain.  I wish I had a pic, you wouldn't believe how great she looks.  Hopefully we will get the pathology report back tomorrow.  But her surgeon was quick to say that he does not rush the labs.  Better to have accurate reports than quick ones, right?


I was excited to get home and see my husband and my puppies for the first time in four days.  Needless to say, they were all really excited and wagging their tails when they saw me.  Yes, even Kevin.  Kidding.  I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, however the prospect of returning to work tomorrow isn't exactly thrilling...particularly the waking up at 6am part.  

I will update again once we get the path reports back.  Thanks again for the support and prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that your mom is doing so well. I'm praying that those test results are a miraculous blessing as well.

I'm so glad God seems to be giving you a peace that doesn't really make sense in the face of all this craziness. Hence the "passes understanding" part he talked about.

It's because you know it's in His hands, and He is shining love down on you and your family. Thanks for including us in this part of your life via your blog.

Reflections said...

I am praying for your Mom, and I know she is glad to have such an amazing daughter. -AnnElise