Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Saga of the Broken 'Fridge...Part 2

So last night I gave a little snippet about our fridge having died.  At first we thought it was just the freezer.  So I went out and grabbed bags of ice and threw everything we could still save (sadly, the ice cream was a goner) into the cooler.  A few hours later I realized that the fridge side was broken too because everything in it was covered in condensation and the labels on the marinades were getting all soggy!  So same routine...salvage what we could, sadly say goodbye to all the money we wasted on fresh fruits and veggies, and go on with our night.  

I woke up this morning half an hour early so that I had time to grab another bag of ice to replenish our supply and hope that the food lasted throughout the day.  Despite all of Kevin's attempts, we weren't able to get anything accomplished today.  We do know our options...$600 compressor, new fridge, refurbished fridge, or pray that it's still under warranty.  After much digging through user manuals and closing papers, I finally found the warranty info.  Our warranty expires exactly two weeks from today!  So hopefully we can get this beast taken care of tomorrow and, fingers crossed, not have to pay hundreds of dollars!


I really, really did not want to cook in a mess of a kitchen like we have right now.  But Kevin insisted it was smart to use up some of the food while we could.  So I decided to make a broccoli cheese casserole.  Great idea, right?  I used a bag of broccoli, chicken, milk, and cheese!  And aside from nearly ripping off a fingernail digging through the large cooler for the bag of chicken, I was pretty proud of myself (other than a slight fear of food poisoning).  And it was delicious! 
Now...


WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please be sure to write a Part 3 to your refrigerator saga so we know if the warranty covered what was wrong with it. Sure hope so! I appreciate your sense of humor during your "May Showers."
Mom2

BrittanyWebb said...

Thanks. I'm sure I will be doing lots of blogging over the next few weeks, as I find it very therapeutic. But I just thank God that I do have a sense of humor right now. I was telling one of my friends tonight that, although we're facing a great trial, I don't have an ounce of fear, worry or doubt. My faith has been tried and tested, and I know that God will sustain. Amen...think I might go preach somewhere now!