Friday, May 15, 2009

Co-Workers

I haven't exactly been silent on the fact that co-workers can either make or break a work experience.  Well since last October we have been short a co-worker or two, making my work life unbelievably stressful.  This week we interviewed someoneone who was a great case for not judging a book by its cover.  Let's just say she wasn't dressed quite the way that I would have for a job interview.  But after spending an hour or so with her...and eventually an entire day...I was pleasantly surprised.  Impressed, even.  Maybe she will be the answer to some serious prayers.  


On the other hand, Kevin's co-workers are not my favorite.  In fact, I intend to rant about them right now so go ahead and navigate away from my blog if you don't want to hear it...err, read it.  Kevin works for a car dealership.  I'm sure you know this profession doesn't exactly have the best reputation.  But we are very, very grateful to God for providing this opportunity and Kevin never having been out a day of work after getting laid off!!!  However, his co-workers put a bit of a damper on our Friday lunches together.  After a couple of weeks of him working there, I realized I could pick him up behind the building and avoid being attacked by polo-shirt-wearing, golf-cart-driving, car salesmen sharks.  Well today they got me.  I drive around back and there are three golf carts and five salesmen  (and one inappropriately dressed woman) blocking my way!  As a matter of fact, they continued to stand in the way of my car, and one even held up their hand to stop me.  I rolled down my window, and then they began to ask if I needed something.  No I did not need anything...they flagged me down, not the other way around!  I informed them that my husband worked there and I was simply picking him up for lunch.  Then they needed know who I was married to before they could give me directions...which I didn't need.  Did I mention that they were blowing their lovely cigarette smoke in my face during this exchange?  Unbelievable!

So kudos to my husband for getting up and going to work every morning.  And once he gets there not punching anyone in the face.  And thank you God for giving me co-workers that I enjoy...well, most of them.

0 comments: