Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 3

So my parets graciously let me sleep in again this morning.  When I finally crawled out of bed I found that they...yes both of them...had just returned from breakfast at Cracker Barrel.   Apparently she was feeling just fine.  And that seemed to be the trend throughout the day.   Mom said she found herself wide awake around 2am and she thougth it was the pain meds keeping her awake.  We had been encouraging her to take them regularly to pre-empt any pain.  So when it got to be a reasonable time, she called the doctor for some advice.  He asked if she was in any pain, and when she told him no, he told her to stop taking the pain meds.  Apparently there are a blessed few people who undergo this procedure who simply don't experience any pain.  So she hasn't taken a single pain pill in about 24 hours, and yet is not in any pain.  Praise God!  


Personally, when I found out about the cancer, I had no fears about her long-term health.  I was most concerned for her state of mind and the pain that she would endure.  I have since had the same confirmed by several people.  Apparently that's how we had all been praying...that she would be comfortable and experience little to no pain.  And isn't it amazing how God answers the prayers of His people?

Around 2:00 we left the house to run a couple errands and grab some lunch.  We were probably gone for around 2 hours, but she seemed perfectly fine.  She is still a little weak and her energy fades rather quickly, but all of that is to be expected.  

I decided it would be best to stay with her for one more day.  I know she enjoys having me around, and as long as I'm here I know she won't over-exert herself and try to do too much.  I am trying to tell myeslf not to feel guilty for missing another day of work.  I know I would feel much more guilty if I was working when my mom needed me here.  

To be honest, although it has been a stressful weekend, I feel really great.  I know that my mom is going to be okay, and I'm much more at peace than I was before.  And I really think I needed the time away from work.  I have been incredibly stressed out lately, and this has almost been like a mini vacation.   I do miss my husband and my dogs terribly though, so I'm looking forward to going back to Loganville relaxed and refreshed.   

2 comments:

HusBAND said...

How you gonna spell "husband" wrong and spell "dogs" correctly? I see what you hold dearest!!!

-Husaaaaaband

BrittanyWebb said...

Oops! It was late and I was tired! My bad, Husband!