Friday, May 8, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Here is my last recap on the 'fridge situation until we get it fixed.  From what we know so far, it is still under warranty.  So the new compressor has been ordered.  There's a small chance that it will come in this Friday, but more than likely it will come in sometime next week.  Which means that either one of us will have to take another afternoon off, or we will go without a fridge until next Friday.  I finally had to give up on salvaging the frozen foods.  There was no hope left for them.  I am still trying with the cheese, milk, cookie dough, etc.  Although we'll see how that goes when I'm away for four days.  I can imagine Kevin will get tired of trips to the gas station to buy ice pretty quickly.  By the way, thanks to my amazing in-laws for a very generous donation to replace all of our lost goods!  You guys rock my socks off!


Tonight I drove home to Columbus.  I left around 7:30 and as I was heading West on I-20 I got to see a gorgeous sunset.  My favorite part of the drive home is on 285 when I'm driving past the airport.  I love to watch the planes fly so close overhead.  You can ask Kevin, I completely turn into a little kid.  Saw a great landing tonight.  

So now to explain the thought proccess behind the blog title.  This will probably be my last lighthearted post for awhile.  If you don't know already, my mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I found out on Sunday, and the reason for my trip home was to be here for her surgery (we leave for the hospital in 5 hours and counting!).  I'm sure you can imagine I'm feeling all kinds of crazy emotions.  However, I'm not afraid.   I have been a Christian long enough to know that God is in control.  My faith has been tried and tested.  I know that there is no reason for worry or fear.  I am still processing everything, however, and more than anything I'm just concerned for her and how she will handle everything she is about to go through.  I think it will really hit me when we get to the hospital tomorrow.  That's probably why I'm still up writing this at 1:25am even thought my head is literally spinning and I can barely see what I'm typing.  So I will probably be using my blog over the next few days/weeks as an update (and some personal therapy).  Thanks in advance for your prayers.  Love you guys!  

P.S. - Mom #2, thanks for the CD, it is exactly what I needed.  I love it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow hon, I'll be praying. You're an awesome daughter. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but I know you will handle it with God's grace and strength. Love you.

Anonymous said...

We love you so much, Brittany, and your family is our family. We are praying for God's peace and rest for all of you. We are also believing in the fulfillment of Isaiah 53:15 for your mother. Mark 4:39 speaks of a storm, and then Jesus stepped onto the scene: "And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm." Love, Mom2

Crystal and David said...

Brittany, David and I will be praying for you and your mom and family.