Monday, October 19, 2009

I Told Myself I Wasn't Going To Cry

And then the call came. You know, the one when Kevin first gets to Parris Island and he calls and reads the script that tells me he's arrived. I don't know what else it said, because the call came...and he wasn't there. The last chance I had to hear his voice for I don't know how long, and he wasn't there. No static, no dropped call, just silence. I assume he said what he was supposed to say because I haven't gotten another call. The one thing that I knew for sure I had to look forward to, and it was a bust. I didn't even cry last night when I couldn't sleep for the first time in...well, maybe ever. But tonight that phone called combined with catching up on three missed episodes of Grey's Anatomy made for quite an emotional night. This sucks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Brittany! Was Kevin able to prepare you ahead of time what to expect from the call? Do you know if it was suppose to be a pre-recorded call? Or were you expecting to be able to talk to him? That stinks really badly. Mom2