Monday, October 26, 2009

Pregnancy: Weeks 4-7

Okay, so I want to try and answer some of your questions, as well as document everything I've experienced from the beginning (I'm not holding anything back!) so here goes...

First, THANK YOU for all of the congratulations! I am finally starting to let myself get excited. For all those who are curious, of course Kevin knows. Everything went according to plan, and we found out the good news on labor day. I am 10 weeks 5 days as of today, and the due date is May 19th (the day after my 27th birthday. Yes, I have informed this little one that the 18th is mommy's day and he/she will need to wait until after that to get here.)

Just about as soon as we found out, I realized that I was having some pretty severe pain (what I had previously thought of as menstrual cramps). After a couple days of the pains becoming more frequent and more intense, I called the doctor who advised me to go straight to the ER. So, I spent the better part of a work day there only to have my pregnancy confirmed, two completely pointless ultrasounds (too early to see anything) and a lot of people roll their eyes and mutter rude comments about my tolerance for pain. Needless to say, this was a very frustrating period for me.

We began to research the pain further, and even thought for awhile that I had a kidney stone. But, praise the Lord, one doctor's visit (no kidney stone), another ultrasound, and about two weeks later, the pain finally began to subside and now is completely gone!

During that time my appetite also completely disappeared. Very strange. I wasn't nauseous or sick, just had zero appetite. But the Lord was gracious and I was able to enjoy our family vacation in Destin without too many problems. Little did I know, my last week with Kevin would be tainted by what are now two of the most feared words in my vocabulary: morning sickness.

1 comments:

Rory said...

You remember when I was half way to your house and went back to go to the doctor? Yep, you sound just like the beginning of my pregnancy!