Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thank You Mom!

In my last post, I mentioned that I called my mom in tears. Well the results of that phone call deserve a post of their own. When I called my mom it was 9:30 on Saturday night, and she was on her way home from a nap at the movies. As hard as it was for me to admit I needed help, I asked her to come up on Sunday and help me out for a little while. Well my mom, stubborn as she is (could that be where I get it from?) insisted on driving up that night!

What a burden lifted! You know that giant pile of laundry that made it on the blog last week? Well my mom tackled the entire thing by herself! She must have done 10 loads (yes, I am embarrassed by the fact that so much had piled up)! Not to mention, take care of my dogs, grocery shop for anything I needed or that she thought I might be able to eat, and constantly tell me to lie down and let her do things.

As bad as I felt asking her to come up, it was such a relief to see so many of those things get taken care of. My energy level was so low I don't know when I would have gotten around to the grocery shopping. And the laundry would have continued to pile up, especially considering the effect that the smell of clean laundry has on me right now...gag! So thank you Mom, from the bottom of my heart! It's good to know there's someone I can always count on, even if it means driving two hours in the middle of the night and missing another Sunday at church!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I always say... there's nothing like a mother's love. That was an awesome story of mother-daughter love : ) -Grammy/Mom2

Crystal and David said...

Your mom is so sweet! I am glad you are feeling better! Could you send me your address either by FB email or to my hotmail acct (cgarrett1981@hotmail.com). Send me a back-up as well in case you move soon:0) It will get better soon, and you won't have to take the meds the whole time...it's amazing what our bodies can do!