Monday, October 19, 2009

Day One As A Marine Wife...Just Call Me Paul Bunyon

So we officially dropped off Kevin yesterday afternoon at the recruiting station in Columbus. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but it was a decision we made TOGETHER after much prayer and consideration. So while I know the next seven months will be difficult, I also know that it is the right choice for us.

Let me show you the first challenge I have had to face...

Not a huge deal, but still something Kevin would normally handle himself. Since it was warm and sunny outside, I decided to go ahead and do what I could tonight. Plus, I knew if I put it off, I would forget and get the side of my car scratched up on my way to work tomorrow. So I got the hedge clippers and trimmed off as many small branches as I could (and threw them back into the woods). I would have taken care of the whole thing, but Kevin's hatchet was out on loan and it was crazy muddy too. So the rest of it will have to wait. Here is the end result. Not too bad for my first tree chopping attempt...

Now let's hope the rest of the trees around the house stay put...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Brittany! Mom2