Saturday, July 10, 2010

Changes

I read last night that the only constant in a baby's life is change. That statement could not be more true. Today's subject of change: sleep patterns.

Chase has always been a really good sleeper. Note exhibits a, b, c...you get the picture (I have a hundred more but I won't post them all).




And lately he's been sleeping even better at night. Three feedings in the night have turned to two, and then one. I'm not sure what constitutes sleeping through the night, but Thursday night he slept for seven hours! But here comes the trade-off. Friday was torture! He was grumpy all day. Wide awake when he would normally nap. Screamed bloody murder in the car (some of that was needing to boo boo (poop) and having a hard time). Didn't want to be put down. If you could manage to rock him to sleep, he would wake up the minute you set him down. He didn't actually settle down until 6:00 or so (leaving us to enjoy our movie in peace...thank goodness!). But it was definitely a long day.

Same story today. We had one feeding last night, and today he is fussy, fussy. Didn't want to lay down, didn't want his swing, wasn't having the Bumbo seat. He is finally snoozing in his crib with the lullaby music from his swing playing next to the crib. And I am tired. This phase is more exhausting to me than when he got up three times a night. At least then he would snooze some during the day and I could nap or get things done. But this having to be constantly held thing is not cool.

Oh well, I guess that's just one of the joys of being a mom. As we've all heard and said before, "this too shall pass." I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

PS - I know I shorted you on the vacation stories, but I'm tired. For the rest of the stories (and some really cute pics), check out Kelly's blog!

0 comments: