Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Two Months!

Chase's two month birthday was yesterday. I just can't believe how fast it is all going by! He went from being my tiny little thing who slept all the time, to a giant chunk who fights sleep like he's going to miss something (a Webb trait, by the way).

Today was his two month checkup. Another positive review from Dr. Flowers! He weighed in at 10lbs, 14oz and is now 22.5 inches long! We were actually a little surprised, because we all thought he would be in the 11lb range. But I'm not complaining. That means he gets to keep wearing all of his adorable 3 month clothes, which he now fits into perfectly! He also got his next set of vaccinations today. One oral, two shots in his left leg and one in his right. He definitely showed us how good he is at screaming! But thank goodness daddy was there, and he didn't take too long to calm down. Poor thing.
Resting on daddy's chest after he finally went to sleep this evening.

2 Month Updates:

His feedings have leveled off somewhat. A full feeding is 6-7 ounces, but he occasionally cluster feeds now (eats a couple ounces at a time, rather than takes a full bottle) which drives mommy crazy.

I have officially packed away all of his newborn clothes. They are all too short now thanks to those two inches he's grown! So I am loving all of the cute outfits that he fits into now. I'm just a little sad that he'll outgrow them so quickly :(

Sleep has been an interesting subject around our house. Nighttime has been pretty great. He's been sleeping through the night most nights. He tends to wake up after 7-9 hours, take a bottle, and then sleep for a couple more. So YAY for sleeping through the night! Unfortunately, daytime sleeping is still a bit torturous. He has definitely inherited Daddy's personality trait which says that if I sleep, I'm going to miss something. He might fall asleep 5 times during the day, but as soon as you put him in the crib to settle in for a good nap, he's wide awake again. No fun. Especially when he gets over-tired and is fighting it. So hopefully this will improve shortly.


But spending more time awake definitely comes with its perks. He is developing such a cute personality! He smiles all the time, especially at mommy and daddy! And he loves to carry on a conversation. Goo's and coo's are happening all the time!

He still doesn't have much interest in toys. Although he did discover the mobile above his swing for the first time this morning. I caught him talking to them while I was getting ready this morning. I'm pretty sure he got mad because they weren't talking back, though.

I'm LOVING getting to spend every day with him! I can't imagine handing him off every day to go to work. Last night we left him with my parents for a little over three hours to watch a movie. It was the longest we had been apart, and it just about killed me! I'm so thankful for a husband who is doing everything in his power for me to be able to stay home and raise our little man!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so glad you get to stay home with your little one. My husband is off to USMC bootcamp in just two weeks! My husband also has worked so hard to let me stay at home and I feel so lucky! I couldn't imagine handing our baby girl off to bond with a stranger (or even our family for that matter!) and not me! You and your husband have two wonderful blogs. I have to admit I am reading more of Kevin's blog for the time being because I am so into learning everything I can about Marine life! If you have any pointers about the adjustment to Marine wife life please let me know! I am open to hearing about them!