Monday, July 5, 2010

Seriously...

I just have to tell this story.

Today after church we headed to Travis' parent's house for lunch. While walking from the car to the house, a bug flew in my ear. I wasn't sure that's what it was, so what's my first reaction? Stick my finger in my ear. Nothing. Still not sure, so I go inside. But I can hear it flapping around in there! I don't want people thinking I'm crazy, so I keep quiet for a second. But the flapping continues, so of course I begin freaking out.

I'm getting scared, because it sounds like a house fly or something...I mean, it's so loud it's got to be huge! They're telling me not to stick my finger in my ear...oops! And now everyone is discussing the best way to fix the situation (while I alternate between squealing and hitting myself on the other side of the head, the way you would when trying to get water out of your ear). The suggestions were q-tips and tweezers with the aid of a flashlight. If I wasn't freaking out already, the thought of someone taking tweezers to my eardrum was definitely doing the trick. Thankfully someone had the presence of mind to suggest pouring peroxide in my ear.

I still wasn't comfortable with that, but I was willing to try it to get the flapping to stop! So Kevin and Kelly grab the peroxide and a towel, and the fun begins. Just a moment after they poured it, the little sucker floated right to the top. And it was tiny! About the size of the tip of a pen!

I was slightly embarassed, but definitely glad to have the noise stop! Could this have possibly happened to anyone else? PS - you should have seen me wrapping my hair around my face/ears to avoid another incident the next time I went outside. lol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha
Thank you for this story. What a great way to start the day. Hahaha

Kevin Webb said...

Baby, we never found anything. I am having you admitted.

Just kidding ;)

LOL. Funny story.