Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's All About Me

Well, at least this post is.

Chase will be two months old on Monday. I can't believe how time has flown by! But this post is supposed to be about me. I'm officially 3.5lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woo hoo! I am looking forward to getting those last pesky pounds off. Then, of course, there's the issue of the 8 additional pounds I would like to lose before our cruise in November. We'll see. I'm just glad to be nearing the end of my baby weight.

I always promised myself I would not be getting a "mommy" haircut. I am willing to admit that I'm pretty vain about my hair, and love it being long and pretty (at least to me). But a week or so ago, Chase began discovering his fists. And he has a serious death grip. So between that and daily temperatures in the 90's, I randomly decided it was time to cut my hair. I jutsified it as not being a "mommy" cut, because I wasn't doing it to make my life simpler or easy...just less painful and sweaty. So seven inches later, here's the new 'do. (picture coming after I fix my hair tomorrow. lol.)
Before (sorry, all my close-ups are on the other computer)

after

I made my first grocery trip with Chase this week. I used to really enjoy grocery shopping when we lived in Loganville. I had a system...Walmart for the basics, then Publix and Kroger for the sale items. It took a few hours, but I enjoyed finding the best deals at each store. It's a little different here. The stores aren't all in a row, and the worst part is...no Kroger (my favorite!). But I used the backpack for Chase, and it went pretty well. Took a lot longer than usual, but I'm looking forward to developing a new grocery routine.

In a couple weeks, I will start watching a friend's son two days a week. He's almost one, recently walking, and so cute! I know it will be a challenge having both he and Chase, but I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will be great for everybody. Definitely something to keep me on my toes, and teach Chase to be around other kids and Carter to be a big brother (did I mention I'll be keeping his soon-to-come baby brother starting in December?).

I'm just realizing that I don't have anything else to say about myself...wow, life has certainly changed!

0 comments: