Monday, October 25, 2010

Kicking Myself

The past two night have been torture when it comes to bedtime for Chase. He has tossed, turned, cried and spit up. Basically done everything but sleep. It's been almost midnight before I got him to sleep. Yuck! Tonight I left him in his crib for an hour, until I absolutely couldn't take it anymore and, picked him up. While I was rocking him trying to figure out what to do, I realized something.

I had broken routine. For the past two nights, for one reason or another, he hadn't had a bath. What was I thinking? Once I stumbled on this revelation, around 11:30, I knew what I had to do. So I stripped him out of his pj's, gave him a bath, and sat back down to rock.

Within ten minutes, he was sound asleep. Guess tonight I learned just how crucial a routine is. Oh well, you live and you learn.

0 comments: