Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm Full

So I've admittedly been "off" lately, and I have just been so tired of it. Isn't it amazing though, how God meets you exactly at your point of need? The cliche phrase "He's an on time God," as overused as it may be, is indeed very true.

Today being Sunday, we went to church. In all honesty, it's been a couple weeks, so I was thoroughly looking forward to this morning's service. And through it I was reminded in many ways just how awesome our God is. Kevin and I are blessed to be members of an amazing church, Hope and Life Fellowship. The way that we found Hope and Life is pretty cool, and something I can only describe as a "God-thing." One of my favorite things about our church is the Pastor's willingness to be open to the Spirit, rather than stuck to a format. And today is one of those days where format was thrown to the wind. There were obviously some hurting people in church today, and myself being one of them, I was ready and willing to receive. We were reminded to lift our worship instead of our worry, something we all know, but it's so easy to let problems overshadow truth sometimes.

A huge theme in metro Atlanta, and from what I understand, the Southeast as a whole, is a scarcity of gas. And today Pastor Tony used that as a metaphor, applying it to our spiritual lives. So today, rather than be on E, as I have felt in recent weeks, I am claiming to be full. Full of Joy, full of Peace, and full of Strength that God has given me to keep pushing through in a difficult time.

0 comments: