Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Day In My Shoes...

Welcome to the first installment of what I'm thinking may become a semi-regular blog posting.  All inspired by the Timberlands pic from yesterday.  Basically, here's a random assortment of musings and happenings over the past 24-plus hours.  A day in my shoes... (gag...so cheesy!)



I realized today that although I posted what I believe are some great pics last night, I didn't actually describe the experience too well.  I have been the proud owner of a concealed weapons permit for about a year now.  And I've had a gun for several months.  I'll admit I wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea.  But after shooting the gun, I have no worries.  Although it's smaller, it's actually more comfortable to shoot than my old beretta (the hammer always hit me in the thumb!).  And it doesn't kick as much as you would expect.  But the thing that helps the most is that the trigger is anything but easy to pull.  In fact, all three of us had almost a "false start" the first time we tried to fire.  So I am 100% convinced that there is no way that trigger could be pulled accidentally.  Good stuff. 

Today started off rough.  We were down two people at work, which means I'm pulling double duty.  And I got to work today to find that there were already 3 patients waiting to be seen before our morning office meeting even began at 7:45am!  Not to mention some not-so-friendly parents.  A rough morning was made much better, however, by a surprise visit from Ashley, Chase and Lillie.  Chase broke his arm and wanted to show me his new cast.  So cute!

Usually I hit the gym on the way home from work, but tonight we waited.  And we were in some interesting company.  We seriously watched a guy sit on the stationary bike while eating chicken strips and sucking down a milkshake from Chick-fil-a.  Now I'll admit I have a weakness for that particular fast food chain, but even I'll admit that throwing down a 1,200 calorie meal while "working out" is pretty counter-productive.  No comment on the fact that we drove through Zaxby's on the way home.  

Now I'm getting ready for bed, checking out my MySpace, Facebook and Twitter (possibly a new obsession) one last time.  Hope you enjoyed the first installment.  I love feedback.  Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to read (or if you'll stop reading because I'm really more lame than you thought.  It's ok, I'm cool with it.)  Goodnight!

2 comments:

Ashalee said...

I love your blog, I learn more through it then sometimes when we talk LOL. I was actually going to bring you a starbucks that morning but I couldnt get over in the other lane in time.

Johnson said...

I would like to read more about how you are going to make me an aunt... but I guess those are future posts. I will keep reading. I love my sis!