Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Moment In My Soggy Shoes

I'd give you a rundown of the day, but it was pretty boring.  But this little bit of info was so good I just couldn't resist.  So yesterday I blogged about cleaning up pee and I believe I left off with "praying for a better tomorrow."  Well anyone looking for a sense of humor from God should just follow me around for a day or two.  Because this morning at around 8:05 I was minding my own business sitting at my desk, when I heard a nice resounding "splash" on the hardwoods in the lobby.  I look up to see a venti cup of Starbucks has now made its home in a 4x4 foot area of the lobby.  


The good news is that the man who spilled it was very apologetic, (not to mention embarassed) and actually helped me clean it up.  And that made all the difference in the world.  I promise you, in the past 3 years, I have only cleaned up one other spill.  So thanks God for sharing some humor with me and helping me take myself a little less seriously.  And thank you for making it Starbucks...at least it smelled good this time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stories bring back memories of when our church in Ohio had a daycare center. There were 60 to 80 little munchkins running around at all times. Two things in particular I remember doing - cleaning up messes from overflowing toilets (children always use too much toilet paper), and fishing a Lysol can out of the toilet that little "Jimmy Goodremont" decided he needed to throw into the toilet. I can still see the expression on his face when he got caught. Mom2