Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's the Simple Things...

So two things today really made me happy.  And one really made me mad, but we'll pretend it didn't happen for now.  


Happy thing #1.  I read in a magazine that the latest nail craze is going without polish and buffing until your nails are super shiny.  Well I'm not one to splurge on manis and pedis (frankly, they kind-of freak me out), so this little tip was right up my alley.  And one 97-cent buffer later, my nail sure are super-shiny, just like they said.  No kidding, it looks like I polished them!  Who has been hiding this simple trick from me for all these years!

Happy thing #2.  I bank at Suntrust.  I always have.  Between our personal accounts and Spunk Marketing, I end up at the bank several times a week.  Up until last month, there were four branches between my home and my office.  One has inconvenient hours, one didn't impress me, one consistently made me angry, and one was just right (yes, just like Goldilocks).  Well last month, my favorite branch, the one inside Wal-Mart, closed!  I was upset.  Everyone there knew me by name, were always so nice, and it really made banking less of a chore.  Well for the past month I have been making due with the leftovers, but it just wasn't the same.  Until today.  I walked into Publix on my lunch break with my nice little deposits, and I looked up to see my favorite teller from the recently closed branch.  I actually gasped and squealed (quite loudly) "MAGGIE!"  I know, I'm so weird, but it truly made my day to see a friendly and familiar face (and I was happy that she kept her job too!).  

Yep, the simple things sometimes make all the difference. 

0 comments: