Saturday, April 4, 2009

Oh, To Be A Kid Again...

So the weather has been really crappy here in Georgia lately.  Rain has pretty much been constant and my yard is a swamp!   A yellow swamp, because of all the pollen!  The good news, however, is that we are officially out of a drought...PTL!  But after all this rain, I was also thanking God for a beautiful, sunny, 74 degree Saturday.  And this was definitely not a day to be taken for granted.  So we piled in the car and headed to Zoo Atlanta!

I haven't been since I was in elementary school, so I'll admit I was pretty stoked.  And I fully enjoyed myself, not caring who saw my silly picture poses or the goofy grin on my face as I watched the gorillas (definitely my favorite of the day!) and the bongo.  Here are the pictures courtesy of my awesome photographer (and also Birthday Boy) husband!

























I hae to caption this one.  This is a Bongo.  Never heard of it, but how cool looking is it?








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very awesome pictures! Looks like it was a great day to visit the zoo. I'm jealous. Haven't been to the zoo in more years than I can even remember. Mom2

Anonymous said...

By the way, what are the pictures of (#4040138 and #4040141)?? Mom2

BrittanyWebb said...

Naked mole rats. Very strange-looking things. They almost looked dead.