Sunday, June 13, 2010

At Last...

My love has come along. My lonely days are over. And life is like a song.

This song, to be exact. I love starting my posts with song lyrics. Kind-of like theme music playing in your head while you read the post. But I digress.

This past Thursday we made the LONG trek to Virginia Beach to finally pick up my husband and bring him home. Oh yeah, and introduce him to his son! Well it was definitely a long trip, but it was well worth it. Watching Kevin and Chase interact for the first time was the sweetest thing! Kevin couldn't get over how tiny Chase was (even though he's already so big to me!), and kept thinking he was going to break him. I'm sure that won't last long. Here's a shot from the family reunion in front of Burger King. lol.

Yeah, he was pretty happy.

Holding baby boy for the first time.


Happy little family!

They took to each other quickly, to say the least. The next day, I found them laying in bed together, and Chase was just staring into Kevin's eyes, smiling away. I'm thinking maybe it was because he's tired of hearing "you look just like your daddy" and was trying to see what we're all talking about. But what a precious moment, either way.


We got some family shots, and even some with the really cool planes in the field next to our hotel.

It's been really sweet watching them bond over the past few days. Kevin is definitely taking to being a daddy. And what 3 week old baby would be upset about another set of arms to hold, feed and love on him? Kevin hasn't changed his first diaper yet...but don't worry Chase pooped all over his arms this morning. Way to initiate him into the daddy club, son! Yeah, I gave him a tiny high five. Then a few minutes later he pooped on me. That's ok, it was still funny.

0 comments: