Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Favorite Things: Baby Edition

Here are some baby products that I've developed a great appreciation for over the past few weeks:

  • Sleeping Gowns - I will admit, when I first saw one, I thought I'd never put it on my little boy! But now he sleeps in them literally every night. They are perfect...built-in mittens to keep from scratching his little face, and elastic at the bottom so changing is a breeze in the middle of the night! Thanks, Amanda...great advice!
  • Target brand diapers - I started off using all Pampers (and Huggies when I was given them). But after some more great advice (thanks, Angela), I have decided that Target makes the best diapers out there! Great leak protection, and they're cheaper! Obviously I'm not alone in this theory, because it seems like they can't keep them on the shelves!
  • Avent feeding system - I have the Avent bottles, manual breast pump, and breast milk storage system. I will say that I have a small complaint about leaky bottles. However, I love this system because everything works together! All the bottles work with the breast pump, and the storage system comes with an adapter that can turn the storage cups into bottles or hook directly onto the pump as well. Genius! (Thanks to my sis for the advice on this one!)
  • Boppy - Another genius idea. Great for breastfeeding, bottle feeding, awake time, and even (gasp!) sleeping. My favorite thing is that I can keep a free hand when I use this pillow for feeding.
  • Pacifiers - I had to list this one because I spent so long saying that I didn't want to use them. And that lasted maybe 12 hours. I LOVE the paci! The paci pod and paci clip are also must-have items.

I'm going to try and make this a regular feature on the blog, so keep posted for more favorites. In the meantime, what are some of YOUR favorite things for baby?

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is helpful for me :)