Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation, Part I

Kevin and I are taking advantage of some precious time off before he starts working again. So Sunday night we headed down to Panama City Beach to spend a few days just relaxing. His parents met us here, and a good time was had by all.

On our way down, there was a crazy lightning storm. Beautiful, until we ran into the monsoon that accompanied it. Then, I reverted to my childhood where I was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and had to resist the urge to curl up in a ball and suck my thumb. We made it here in one piece though, praise the Lord!

Monday we hit the beach. I was so excited to let Chase have his first experience with one of my favorite places! So we slathered him up, dressed him in the best-fitting beachwear I could find, and drug him down to the water. And when the big moment arrived...nothing! His little butt slept right through it! It didn't matter how many times I let the waves crash over his little feet, he just was not interested. He was still cute though, and took a great little nap in his new tent!

Can you say "crustacean?"

I hate that you can't see his face, because he is sound asleep!

Today I was bound and determined to get a better reaction. So we woke him up in the middle of a nap and took him to the pool. This time he did not disappoint! We put him in his cute little froggy float, and he loved it! Obviously it's too big for him, so we had to hold him up. But we pulled him around for a few minutes, and it was so cute!

We were planning to head down to Key Largo to spend a few days with Kevin's sister and her family on Thursday. But things have changed, so for now it looks like a couple more days here in Panama City with just our little family (Kevin's parents are heading home tomorrow). Can't wait to continue our vacation adventures next week!

0 comments: