Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sweet Peace

Today was Friends and Family Day at church. A lot of hard work and planning went into making it a fun and exciting day for all. Major props to everyone who was involved in the process. But my favorite part of the day by far happened before all of the "fun" began.

During praise and worship, the Spirit of God really fell. And despite all of the hard work that had gone into our day of "fun," Pastor put the schedule on hold to allow God to create His own schedule. I am so thankful to be under the leadership of such a true "Pastor." I have sat under many "Preachers," but it is a true blessing to know that God has placed someone over our church who willingly casts his own plans aside and remains open to a move of God. Sadly, I have seen many men suppress the Spirit for their own agendas.

Here is a shot of Baby Chase during those few precious moments. He slept so peacefully. Normally when he's sleeping he makes all kinds of crazy faces. But during that time, there were nothing but smiles. Don't even try to tell me that child doesn't know where he came from. He understands the presence of God, maybe better than any of us.

Speaking of baby boy, today we sang "Here I Am To Worship." There's a line in there that says I'll never know how much it costs to see my sin upon that cross. Singing that line as a mom...whole new meaning. Think about it.

0 comments: