Thursday, June 3, 2010

Go, Baby Go!

Chase had his two week check-up this morning. He now weighs 7lbs, 10oz. That means he's gained a whole pound from his discharge weight at the hospital, and another 3oz will be a full pound since birth! Dr. Flowers seemed very impressed that he had quickly regained, and far surpassed, his birth weight. Not only that, but he's grown another half an inch...he's now 20.5 inches long! Grow, baby grow! (But would you mind slowing down until daddy gets home please?)

We had a really great visit today. Not only are his stats great, but all of his yucky newborn stuff (stump, circumcision, peeling) seems to be healing quite well. I am very thankful for that, because taking care of those things is not fun. Dr. Flowers is great! He's so positive and encouraging, and he really makes me feel like a great mommy. After my initial experience with the lactation consultant, I believe every new mommy could use that kind of positive reinforcement. Not only that, but he sent his compliments to Kevin, and although he wasn't able to serve himself, obviously has a special place in his heart for those who are sacrificing for our country. (PS - Thanks for the recommendation, Lindsey...you were right!)

Our next check-up is in six weeks. I am so incredibly thankful for a happy, healthy, wonderful baby. I pray God's continued covering over my little one, because I know He's got great things in store for our family!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Circumcision IS a "yucky" thing. You're absolutely right. Many parents, unfortunately, don't realize that it is completely unnecessary.

Thank you for calling it what it is. I'm sure you will help prevent other people from going through it unnecessarily.