Thursday, June 17, 2010

This Week In Mommy-Land

It has been a pretty eventful week around here. It's been the first week having Kevin home. Woo hoo! That has been great! He's been able to help out with feeding, diapers, and of course take over some of the cuddling. He is just smitten with baby Chase. At the first hint of a cry, he'll pick him up. This kid is going to be ridiculously spoiled!

In other baby news, we are on a pretty good schedule right now. Feedings are pretty consistent at every 3 hours. I go to sleep somewhere between midnight and 1am, and nighttime feedings are usually around 4am and 8am. My mom says you can't count 8am as a nighttime feeding. But I do, because after that one my behind goes right back to bed. lol. He's also been pretty consistently waking up for the day around 10am. I can't really complain about that.

I've talked a lot about feeding habits. And his just keep getting funnier to me. We are definitely up to 4oz per feeding. Occasionally he'll leave half an ounce in the bottle. And a couple times he's even had 5oz before he was happy! Sadly, life has gotten the better of me, and we're mostly formula feeding now. I'm doing my best to get my milk supply back up, but I can only do what my body will allow. I'm trying to accept that and not be too upset with myself. The most important thing is that Baby Chase is healthy and happy...and trust me, he is!

We're finally fitting into some 0-3 month size clothes. That means many more options for cute outfits...and photo ops! There really isn't much out there in the way of newborn size clothes (we spent several hours shopping to find the outfit he wore to church on his first Sunday). I think he's also just about ready for size 1 diapers as well. Just depends on what brand you use. But I think I'm going to use up the rest of my newborn ones and then go ahead and switch him over.

In other news, I had my follow-up doctor's visit today. I can't tell you how great it feels to know I don't have to see the doctor again for an entire year! I mean, I'm the girl who went from NEVER going (we're talking 4 years here) to going every month, and eventually every week. I really like my doctor, but I've seen enough of him thank you very much! Plus, he gave me the all clear to go swimming again...which means we can start planning family vacation! Key Largo, here we come...Johnson family, I hope you're ready!!!

0 comments: