Monday, June 28, 2010

Just a Thought

This has been running through my head a lot recently, and I thought I'd share while I have a few quiet moments. Both my boys are napping before we jump in the car and head south to spend a few days with Kevin's sister and her family. So this may be my last blog for a week or so.

Chase is a good eater. Sometimes too good. He gulps the food so fast that you have to forcibly remove the bottle from his mouth every ounce or so to keep him from choking and/or eating so fast that he pukes. But when you take his bottle away, he grunts, thrashes his arms and legs, and pretty much acts like a wild animal. Every time. I remind him that I am his mommy and I am only doing what is best for him...letting him catch his breath. And every time I give the bottle back until his little tummy is satisfied. His needs are met, and he is a happy boy.

But every day when we're going through the 15-30 seconds of mommy-imposed time out from eating, it makes me think of how we treat God. He always meets our needs. Always. But we can't always have exactly what we want, when we want it. Sometimes we have to wait...or receive blessings in smaller portions. But He will never let us go without. Never. He is always right there holding us in His hands and doing exactly what is best for us. Just something for you to think about...

0 comments: