Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Month!

Chase is officially one month old today! Wow, the time has flown by! I cannot believe that I have a one month old. But I have to say I am truly enjoying every (well, almost every) minute of it.

My one month picture!

Here are some of the measureable changes over the past month:

When Chase was born, he weighed 6lbs, 13oz. Now he is somewhere in the 8 pound range. Not sure exactly where. But if you'll check out his one month picture, you'll notice a new development...chubby little thighs!
His first bottle was 2oz. Now we can't keep the boy fed! He is consistently eating 5oz per bottle. That means no more little bottles :( Today he even took 6oz...and then proceeded to throw it up all over himself and me. That's just another way he's like his daddy...he doesn't have a "full" button.


Sorry if you can't see the difference here, but I didn't want to waste formula. There's 2oz of water in the little bottle and 5 1/2oz of water in the big one.
He has officially graduated from a size Newborn to a size 1 diaper. They are a little big, but we haven't had any leaks since we moved up!


Last but not least, his Newborn clothes still fit, but we're slowly making our way into size 0-3 months. Which means a lot more cute outfits and options!

Here are some fun developments which are a little harder to measure:

His neck is getting stronger by the day. He loves to lay on his tummy on someone's chest and just hold his head up as long as he can. And of course, this is accompanied by the cutest faces! He's also started scooting. If you're laying like I mentioned above, he will push off of your legs, stomach, whatever he can find, until he's gone as far as he can go. One day he pushed himself off my shoulder into a bit of a headstand. Too cute.
This is him worn out after several minutes of holding his head up/scooting.
He's also slowly but surely figuring out his fingers. His grip is getting much stronger, and he's started grabbing onto things all the time. The burp cloth while you're feeding, your shirt while you're holding him, etc.

The past month has been so much fun! I wish time would slow down because I'm always feeling like I'm going to miss something. Then again, I can't wait for each new development. I'm just a big bag of mixed emotions. But I do know one thing for sure...I'm one proud mama!
Of course, we can't forget about his proud daddy either...

0 comments: