Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ask And You Shall Receive

I have come to the conclusion that either the meteorologists in VA Beach need new day jobs...or it is very difficult to accurately (or even come close to) predict the weather there. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Anyhow, every time we checked the weather reports, it said rain all weekend. Every time. Yet, after Friday night, the rain cleared up and we ended up with beautiful weather almost the entire weekend. Praise the Lord!

I had a great time with my wonderful husband! We definitely made the most of what will probably be our last weekend together until he graduates on June 11th! Friday night we hit the mall with a few of his friends. We hung out, ate some dinner, and had a good time. Then, we drove halfway around the city looking for ice cream for me. Because I insisted I have not just ice cream, but an ice cream cone. Bless his heart, he was bound and determined to get me what I wanted, and he didn't complain once!

Saturday we hit a second mall, this time with another buddy and his girlfriend who was also visiting. We did some more shopping (I got a really cute skirt for half off at Old Navy...okay, I actually got two...one in big girl size and one for later). Then we ate a really fancy dinner at a restaurant on the beach. I had a small meltdown over what to order (the menu looked like something out of Hell's Kitchen!), but a few tears later it was all good.

Sunday we stayed to ourselves, and had a great time! First up, the Virginia Aquarium. It was not spectacular, but it was still fun. All the pictures are from there. My favorite was the sea horses...they are the cutest things! Am I the only one who thought they were bigger than that? So I posted every picture of them. I spared you all of the snakes, dragons, etc...I'm sure you can find those on Kevin's facebook if you're really interested. Anyhow, after the Aquarium we hit Target and Best Buy. Then we saw Shutter Island. Pretty good, but it seemed a lot longer than it was. To top off a great day, we had dinner at Fazoli's. Yum!

All in all, we had a great time together. We definitely made the most of the little time we had. As proud as I am of my husband though, I cannot wait for this time to be over! I am counting down the days...

















0 comments: