Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Epiphany

Someone last week commented on how pregnant women always seem to be rubbing their bellies (as I was unconsciously rubbing my own belly). Tonight I figured out why that is, at least in my case. I rub my belly all the time...particularly after meals...looking for crumbs. Those little suckers manage to find their way all over me! Over my shirt, under my shirt, in my bra...it is really disturbing. So I'm constantly rubbing away to make sure there are no new crumbs lurking where they don't belong. So the next time you see a pregnant woman sitting at the table rubbing her belly, cut her some slack.

I also had a really interesting experience at the mall today. I was simply buying a pretzel. And the lady behind the counter really got me good. She started by asking if I was having an Easter baby...to which I had to respond "no, I have SEVEN more weeks to go." Oops. Then she wanted to know what we were naming him. Her response? "I have a dog named Chase!" Oops. As if that wasn't enough, she did the unthinkable. She reached out her arm, stretched as far as she could over the counter, and attempted a belly rub. Thankfully, I was standing far enough away that it was more like a half-rub. Oops. Lord, what is wrong with people? The saddest part is...those pretzel sticks were so good it was almost worth it. Almost.

0 comments: