Friday, March 26, 2010

Nightmare On OUR Street

So I've been meaning to write a cute post all about the dogs lately, and how the transition into a bigger family will affect their lives. This is not that post.

Last night I put the dogs to bed without taking them out to potty. So it was inevitable that they would wake me up at some point to take them outside. No big deal. Around 1:30 came the scratching at the door. So we got up, and I let them outside to do their business. They were already acting strange, going back and forth between porch and patio but never getting on the grass. When they finally decided to approach the grass, Meah took off around the side of the house. I gave her a minute, but she never returned. I threw a jacket over my nightgown and wandered to the front of the house to track her down.

Earlier in the day, she had followed Evan (unbenownst to him) on his run and was halfway down the street before I caught her. So when I didn't see her in the yard, I started stumbling down the driveway assuming she was out by the street. I reached the bottom of the driveway and heard a car approaching. Great. The good news is...it was Evan. The bad news is...it was Evan. After a brief heart attack on both of our accounts, I managed to get out of the driveway, and he managed to park without running over my scroundrel missing dog. The better news is that he realized that the crazy pregnant lady wandering around his front yard was me, and didn't grab his baseball bat...

When he drove up, we heard a single bark...Meah was in the yard somewhere! So I wandered back up the driveway and found her waiting patiently on the back porch to be let back in the house. Ugh! I am proud of myself for avoiding the hysterics this time though...not even a single tear!

It took me an entire episode of Home Improvement, and part of The Cosby Show to calm my nerves and get back to sleep, though. Man, if she wasn't so cute I would beat her butt...

0 comments: