Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Buy

While Kevin was home, we went to both Babies R Us and Target and created registries for little Chase. Being first time parents, I think we were in a little over our heads, and it was quite an overwhelming experience. I have since gone online and changed the registries around 10 times apiece. I'm pretty happy with them right now.

While at Babies R Us, we registered for some really cute crib bedding. We're not into anything too bright or over the top, so we agreed on a more subtle set with an airplane theme. Not my first choice, but I will admit it is very cute.

If you have been shopping with me since we found out about baby Chase, you know that I have a strange obsession with monkey-themed stuff. I can't help it, I just think that it is just the cutest stuff in the world!

Well this weekend, mom and I were browsing through Babies R Us and happened to stumble across some monkey-themed bedding...on clearance! Not only were the on clearance for 50% off original price, but there was an additional 25% off. How could I resist? So after comparing prices, and of course getting Kevin's approval, I walked away with a bedding set (comforter, bumper, sheet and bed skirt), valance, mobile and diaper stacker. All for a grand total of $90. In case you haven't shopped for baby bedding in awhile, just the bedding set for the other collection was $180. And that didn't include any of the other cute accessories! So not only did I get a great bargain, but this stuff is just adorable. Now, if only I had a nursery to put it in...
The Bumper


The Mobile (unassembled)


The Comforter

The Finished Product (well, as close was I was going to get without a crib)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! ~Mom2

Unknown said...

Aw, adorable. And way to go on the bargain hunting! I was shocked when I went shopping for my nephew at how expensive those kinds of things are.