Friday, March 12, 2010

Here Comes the Sun...Or Not

I am currently in Virginia Beach, VA visiting my husband at MOS school. For those of you wondering why in the world I am blogging, it is because he has another hour or so of training before he is free for the weekend. (Rabbit Trail: I am borrowing Kevin's new laptop. And I am very thankful that I appreciate and understand his love for electronics. Because this beast hardly qualifies as a laptop. I would call it a portable desktop...because even at 30 weeks preggers, it is quite a bit bigger than my lap. Nothing but the best for Kevin, right Mom 2?)

Moving on, I really just wanted to share with you a little bit about my journey yesterday. The drive itself wasn't bad. Even stopping every hour and a half, I made great time and made it here in 11 hours flat. Here's the kicker. I drove 700+ miles...across four states...and never once saw the sun. Forget the sun, I never once saw a break in the clouds. If I hadn't been on the way to see my wonderful husband, I would probably have sunk into a deep depression.

It's mid March, already...bring on the Vitamin D!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany ~ I can't say enough about the strength and courage you have displayed during the past 5 months. And... to drive that far while pregnant is a testament of your love and devotion to Kevin. He better be showing you some major appreciation while you're there! Hope you're having a great time. Love you! Mom2

Sav Gardiner said...

I just have to tell you. i totally blog-stalk you. not in like a creepy way. but someone showed me your husbands bootcamp blog in like january. and so i've followed his blog. but being a Marine Corps wife myself. i thought i'd read yours. my husband is current at SOI- ITB. so i'm not too far behind you. just thought i'd comment and say that i think your blog is oh so entertaining!

BrittanyWebb said...

Thank you! I must admit, I am a huge blog stalker myself. What better way to kill time while your husband is away, right? Stalk away!